Team building near Delhi can be a tough task to manage specially if its a group of more than 50 pax. So if you came looking for a list of best places for team outings near Delhi.
Then read on…
“None of us is as smart as all of us.” –Ken Blanchard
Let me remind you who Ken Blanchard is. At 80 years old, he is well alive and kicking. He is also the author of one of the best selling books on management in the 21st century- The One Minute Manager, which went on to sell over 13 million copies around the world.
Basically, when he says something about team work in general, we listen.
But in reality when it comes to team building and better management of the your team outing event, it can be quite a task to pull of a stunt like this.
Our list of 11 best places for team outings near Delhi will showcase perfect examples of “A Great Corporate Camping Experience”.
Kangojodi – 275 kms from Delhi – Perfect Option foor Team Building Venues Around Delhi
Kangojodi is the first place on our list of places where you can conduct your next team outing. During the extremely hot Summer months in Delhi, its a great option for a quick escape to the hills.
You will not need to compromise on an authentic adventure retreat experience close to nature as the campsite here is located in the middle of a 1700 acres pine forest.
When Rishikesh is shut during the monsoon season, Kangojodi is one of the best places to utilise your team budget. The property here is a campsite located 3.5 kms deep in the reserved pine forest and its location alone is stunning.
Coupled with great hospitality celebrating a weekend with the bosses is an offbeat experience worth trying at least once. The campsite has been open for 8 years and has conducted over 2000+ programs for everyone from startups to MNC’s.
Camp Roxx has a complete set of in-house adventure activities & games that will challenge the whole team. They also have in-house trained & certified instructors that conduct energisers, ice-breakers & team building games.
Since you’ll be traveling on one of the most well made highways in the country – a mandatory stop at Murthal for parathas will be a great lunching option with the team.
Hidden and offbeat, this is one of the best camps for team building near Delhi. But only if you have at least 1N/2D to spend.
Remember, a team that eats together, stays together! 😉
Details about Camp Roxx (Kangojodi, Sirmaur)
- Total Capacity: Max. 100 pax. in multiple accommodation format
- Type of Accommodation: Minimal style 15 cabins + Additional tents (as many as required)
- Facilities: Dining Hall/Conference Hall + In-House Activities + Bonfire & Party Arena + Organic, Farm-Fresh Buffet Meals
- Other USPs: A small natural spring water stream flows all along the campsite
What was once a jungle along the NH-1, Murthal is no more just a line full of dhabas. It has a ton of resorts like Haveli that now have full conferencing and accommodation facility like that of a hotel. If you’re looking for a team outing or conference, Murthal lives up to it.
We fail to understand why more managers and their companies have not used this location for team outings. It is equidistant from both Noida as well as Gurugram – approx. 91 kms. give or take. But yes, do keep in mind that going to this place is like going anywhere else in Delhi or Gurugram or Noida. The weather and pollution levels might not change.
The biggest takeaway will be the name & popularity of Murthal alone that might excite them. Perfect option if you don’t have more than 10-12 hrs for a team outing close to the office premises.
You get 2 advantages of visiting here in the winters: because its a busy highway, there’s hardly ever hours of jams. Its pretty smooth during the day time. And the second advantage of taking the team to Murthal is that there are now a ton of resorts & hotels in the same line as that of Mannat (Haveli) and Gulshan Dhaba.
During summers, conducting an outdoor training program here is not recommended.
Details About Murthal
- Recommended Stay Options: The Jehan (by Jüsta) or Amrik Sukhdev
- Total Capacity: Both properties have huge spaces so you can take an entire department out for a day trip!
- Accommodation: Both properties have huge luxurious rooms of various categories
- Facilities: Lawns, Terrace, Fully functional, multi-cuisine restaurant. They are well-equipped with all materials needed for a conference as well lawns for conducting team building programs.
- Other USPs: Perfect for a day escape during the winter
Tarudhan Valley (Manesar) – Perfect for Team Building Around Delhi
You will have access to the huge lawns where you can dedicate the space for team building and other activities. Enjoy a scrumptious lunch at the resort and because it’s only 23 kms from Gurgaon & only 72 kms from Noida, companies from anywhere in Delhi-NCR area can travel here without blocking an entire weekend out.
Tarudhan Valley is also a perfect winter escape option for managers whose teams have done Rishikesh to death. It is surrounded by the beautiful Aravali hills all around and if you want to take your team out for an insightful session of energisers and ice-breaking session, then Lemon Tree & Tarudhan Golf villa are perfect venues.
It is one of the best places for team outings near Delhi NCR and you can try this out for your next outbound training in 2020. Be it a sales meet or a conference or a product launch, these 2 venues have everything you’ll need for a successful corporate event.
Details About Tarudhan Valley
- Distance from Delhi: 63 kms.
- How far is it from Gurgaon: 23 kms.
- Distance from Noida: Approx. 72 kms.
- Facilities: Lawns, Golf Course, Terrace, Fully functional, multi-cuisine restaurant.
- Things to Do in Tarudhan: Outdoor or Indoor Team Building Programs
Camp Wild (Dhauj) – Best Day Outing Camps Near Gurgaon
Dhauj lies on the Faridabad-Gurgaon road and is easily accessible if you have to plan a corporate event of over 100 pax. They have a huge sprawling campus with tents for accommodation and adventure activities as well.
Team building instructors here can train the entire department in less than a day if you’re short on time. Camp Wild has had a solid reputation for years and you read more about the experience on TripAdvisor and Google as well.
It is by default a great option for any company located in Gurgaon because the travel time is very short. All you need to do is maybe find a good corporate outbound training company. Our list of 5 best outbound training companies in Delhi might be of help to you.
We highly recommend an outing here during the winter months as the temperature in Delhi-NCR is just perfect for a sunny outing. During summers, there won’t be any difference in temperatures between Gurugram & Dhauj.
Details About Camp Wild, Dhauj:
- Distance from Gurgaon: Hardly 37 kms. Consider about 1-1.5 hrs travel via big buses
- Things to Do In Dhauj: Activities like Tarzen Swing, Burma Bridge, Commando Net, Barrol Crossing, Balance Walk, Machan Climb and Monkey Crawl
- Types of Accommodation: Lodges & Deluxe Tents
- Other USPs: Big campus, well maintained property, special team building games and ice-breakers, extremely accessible from Delhi-NCR
Botanix Resort (Damdama Village) – Nature Resort Near Delhi That’s Perfect For Team Building In Delhi
Botanix Resort might be low on the level of adrenaline that the adventure activities here can offer. But what it lacks in adventure, it makes up for with amazing facilities and a swimming pool. It is definitely one of best places for team outings near Delhi because the travel time is very short.
Because it is located within Gurgaon’s vicinity, you might not want to consider it during the summer & monsoon months as the purpose of being outdoors is destroyed. For winters, this place can be a perfect alternative to even Dhauj.
There’s an organic farm in the premises from where the veggies are freshly procured. So needless to say the food served here is of extremely good quality. The ambience is that of any other luxury farm house in and around Delhi so you will not have to compromise in amenities.
However, if you’re still willing to consider a 1N/2D stay, Kangojodi is a great option overnight team building activities near Delhi-NCR.
Details about Botanix Resort:
- How far is it from Gurugram? Within Gurugram itself. Super-accessible for all companies!
- What you can use it for: Huge campus with enough open spaces for team building activities
- Types of Accommodation: Cozy tents & huts for a comfortable stay
- Things to do at Botanix: Small setup of adventure activities, energisers & ice-breakers
- Other USPs: Certified by Haryana Tourism Department, organic farm with fresh buffet meals
Kuchesar Mud Fort – Fort-nightly Escape For Outbound Training Programs
Kuchesar is located only 80 kms from Delhi and is definitely one of the best places for team outings from Delhi-NCR area. It is situated in UP and is quite easily accessible if you want to save on the travel time.
The mud fort here is a heritage property that was originally built in 1734 during the Mughal Raj. You can reserve this heritage property at affordable rates if you don’t want to take your teams to the hills.
They have a huge lawn area which can be used for team building purposes. You can also book their conference/meetings room for 20-30 members, however, bigger conferences for group sizes of 50 people and above, it might be difficult.
The traffic en route you’ll face from Delhi might be your biggest enemy if you’re traveling here. Otherwise, the location is a perfect fit for a quick training program with the bosses.
Best Western Resort Country Club (Manesar) – Luxury Outings For The Whole Team
There’s no doubt in our minds that Manesar is an easily accessible location for an important team bonding exercise. The Best Western Resort Country Club is a 4 star property that has huge popularity for all big corporates in Delhi-NCR because it offers everything you can imagine for a corporate team building program.
They have a huge ground that can even host an entire cricket match. Tie that up with luxurious rooms and a huge conference hall for fitting teams of any size. You get a multi-cuisine menu kitchen that you can ask to be laid out in buffet style. All of these make it one of the best options for team building near Delhi.
It comes fully equipped with a pool side area for serving cocktails and delicious snacks. Most companies will be able to save a huge traveling cost as well as time if they are not interested in doing an overnight stay. For a day trip from Gurugram, this location is one of the best out there.
You can also hold conferences for entire department if its needed. If this is something your company budget allows, then you should definitely give it a shot at least once. The management will have nothing but praises for your efforts in the arrangement. While the heavy loading is something that the staff at this resort can handle wonderfully.
Jungle Camp – Sariska – Get Close To The Wild With Your Team
Sariska is not even too far from Delhi-NCR. When you’re short on time and budget and you’re done trying all other options near Gurgaon, then Sariska can be the perfect escape option.
The Jungle Camp is actually one of the best properties to stay at or do a quick day trip with the team. Its beautiful location in a valley of the Aravali hills marks it as one of the more offbeat options on our list.
Complete with a pool area and lawn for conducting energisers and ice-breakers, you can also customise the menu for lunch or high-tea options. Because the place is in the middle of such thick jungles, there’s a good possibility of doing some wildlife animal sighting as well since Sariska is one of the most famous tiger reserves in North India.
Details about Jungle Camp (Sariska):
- How far is it from Gurgaon? 178 kms. approx. Consider about 4 hours of travel by bus one side.
- What’s it good for? Day picnic, team building & jeep safari. Not recommended for an overnight stay if you plan to do use the evening time for a bonfire & DJ party since its a tiger reserve.
- Types of Accommodation: Family Suites, Swiss Tents, Dorm
- Things to do in Jungle Camp: Team building, energisers, camel ride, jeep safari
- Other USPs: Swimming pool. Distance from Gurgaon is very less.
Honourable Mentions (Worth trying for conferences!)
Treehouse Resort (Jaipur) – Among Top Places For Team Outings Near Delhi
This one is quite accessible at about 4 hours of travel from Gurgaon. We recommend this place mostly if you have a high-end conference with the seniors or the partners coming from overseas office.
The resort offers an extremely luxurious stay along with wellness and spiritual experiences combined. Its not exactly meant for conducting team building programs but like we mentioned its a great place for a small offsite from sized of 12-18 members.
Details about Treehouse Resort
- Distance from Gurgaon: 198 kms. (3.5-4 hrs ride)
- What’s it good for? Perfect for a high end, small size conference
- Things to do: Team Building, Energisers, Ice-Breakers, Meetings, Conferences
- Type of Accommodation: Authentic treehouse style luxury accommodation
- Other USPs: Wellness & spa options
The Oberoi Amarvilas (Agra) – Team Building + Luxury = Wah Taj!
This is a 5 star resort and is one of most frequently visited properties in Agra because of its proximity to the Taj Mahal. You can conduct a day outing program here as well provided you can convince the management for the budget.
Around 4,000 reviews on TripAdvisor confirm why this is the best resort in entire Agra area. The interiors as well as the exteriors are extremely fancy. You can book their outdoor spaces for doing various energisers and ice-breakers. Its the easiest to hire a third party vendor for conducting these team building programs.
The restaurant here caters to a ton of inbound tourists who come to visit India to see the Taj Mahal. You can expect the food quality to be extremely good. The ballroom here is also extremely well decorated with ornaments that date back to the Mughal heritage.
The entire team will feel no less than a king if this ends up on your list of best places for team outings near Delhi. However, this entire trip will come at a slightly premium cost. If you have the budget, start with a small meeting of 15-20 members here.
One of the best options for team building near Delhi.
Details about The Oberoi Amarvilas:
- Distance from Gurgaon: 247 kms.
- How far is it from Noida? 201 kms.
- Things To Do at Amarvilas: Meetings, Events, Team Building, Conferences
- Type of Accommodation: Choose from ultra luxury rooms or suites – with or without a balcony
- Other USPs: The Lounge, The Bar, Roshanara Restaurant, Esphahan Restaurant
Still can’t make up your mind? Let us help you decide what would be the best option for you.
If you think we’ve missed out some options as well, feel free to drop your comment below and we’ll add it to the list. 🙂